I once heard someone say that all we really want in this life is "to be truly known." Personally, I would tend to agree with this thought. When I think about people and the relationships I currently have and have had, I do tend to think that deep down, if you are in touch with your feelings/emotions you do "truly" want to be known. You want others to know the genuine desires of your heart and not judge you for them. I would go one step further, and hope that not only do we want to be known.....but we truly want to "know" others too (at least I know I do). Now I do think there are life circumstances and many other reasons that cause us to either do the opposite (not want to be known) or not even realize that we want that deep connection with others, in any type of relationship. However, if we knew that we would not be judged and could truly be open and share in order to connect with others, I think it could happen much easier. Perhaps this is why I worked in Residence Life for so long. I think I could go on and on about this topic....perhaps another time. However, if I someone does read this, I am curious to hear your thoughts?
Life......what an interesting thing! At times it can be so amazing and you can feel as though you are on top of the world, then at other times it can been truly difficult and hard to even begin to think about how you are going to deal with the next day.....or even hour. But I tend to think that the relationships that we have with one another help make this life a bit more easy. It is nice to have connections, to truly know someone and to be known. I think that they serve as a ray of hope in the midst of difficulties.
So, anyway, I have decided to "jump on the bandwagon" and "attempt" to blog. I tend to be a "talker" not a writer.....so we shall see how this goes (if it goes anywhere :-)). My goal is to write once a week about life. Perhaps share lessons that I have learned, share what is on my heart, and ponder what is yet to be learned. Becoming self-aware is the first step in being able to grow as a person....to learn about yourself and then in turn learn about others.
So......here we go!
looking forward to seeing into your life and heart a little more in your next posts! :)
ReplyDelete