
But anyway, I am thankful for the time that I am able to spend with anyone - family or friends. After the game we were able to meet-up with my sister and her husband (along with my brother and his family) at Benny's in Marysville. That was a great dinner too!
Today we are off to have Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family, at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I am really looking forward to this (though I need to get off of the computer so I can go to the store and get the lettuce for my salad :-)), as it will be great time with family. My Grandma and Grandpa are two people I really admire. I have always been close to my Grandma....not sure why, but we always connected. She is a very caring and giving woman. She has also been able to accomplish so much in her life and I think it is amazing that she was the Auditor of Union County for 16 (I think) years! About 3 years ago she started suffering a series of strokes, and some terrible falls, along with being diagnosed with dementia and a progressive type of Alzheimer's. This has been incredibly hard for me as I care for her so much and I have hated to see her go through this (I am crying as I type). The Summer of 2007 was a pretty rough Summer as I traveled to the Nursing Home and their house almost every day (to check on them and spend time with them). Thankfully, she has made some progress, I think she does understand what we are saying to her most of the time, even if she is not able to reply, and for this I am thankful. She also always smiles when we walk in the door - which is a GREAT feeling!! I have gained such admiration for my Grandpa during this time as he has stood by her EVERY step of the way. He wants to be able to keep her at home and has made many changes to the house (including a shower that will fit a wheel chair), and has bought a few different lifts to be able to get her around the house (as she cannot walk). Watching them over the last 3 years has really shown me what devotion is - it is beautiful. So, anyway, I treasure any moment I am able to spend with them - and today I am off to do that. As a tribute to them here is a fairly recent picture -

Have a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment