Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Dreaded Month of August....or Maybe Not

Well, the dreaded month of August is here! Now, don't get me wrong there are a lot of great things about August......birthday's of some WONDERFUL people....it is warm......etc. However, for a couple of years I really hated the month of August. August is the month in which I lost John in 2004 and then my Grandpa in 2005 (not to mention, a Great Grandpa in 2004 too). I often find it hard to think about August without feeling a sense of sadness and angst....

However, I brought August in this year eating a homemade brownie sundae, enjoying some wine, and great conversation with my good friend Michele (until 1 a.m.). ;-) I can't think of a better way to bring in the month - horray! That was preceded by a great evening with Gen and Michele. Oh how thankful I am for friends. Thank you to both of you for a fun evening last night!

So, instead of feeling sad about the month of August, I am going to celebrate their lives....the lives they lived if only for a short time. I don't want to focus on the pain they felt at the end of their lives but instead the happy moments I shared with them. I really want to keep that in perspective.

Soooo........here is to a happy month of August.....may it go out as happy as it came in for me! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment